(Updated on 4/10/17)
The National History Bee, an annual academic competition, is being run by a new management company this year. Although Daniel Wright Junior High submitted its registration earlier this fall, our school just recently gained access to the sponsor materials. Following are important points for interested students.
- This academic competition is open to all Daniel Wright students in grades 5-8.
- The first round involves a written test, which typically takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- History Bee first round tryouts begin after school on Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
- So that we have enough materials prepared, please sign up in the school library.
- The PASS bus will be available after school for transportation home, or parents are welcome to pick up their student(s).
- The student with the top score, as well as the three students with the top scores from each of the following divisions, (for a total of 10 students) will advance to the Regional Qualifying Exam, set to be administered at DW after school on Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
- Grades 5 & 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
Regional & National Qualifiers
- The top qualifying students from our region were invited to attend the Chicago North Regional History Bee Oral Competition on Saturday, March 25, 2017.
Congratulations to our ten students who qualified to compete at St. Francis High School in Wheaton on March 25, 2017: Amelia Acker, Anish Arora, Anmol Dash, Aayush Dixit, Christian Epure, Brandon Lu, Praneet Rathi, Vedant Rathi, Ethan Soifer, Rishabh Wuppalapati!
- Top qualifying students from the Chicago North Regional History Bee Oral Competition were invited to the National History Bee Finals, June 1-4, 2017.
Congratulations to our students who qualified for the National Finals in Atlanta, GA in early June, 2017: Brandon Lu (grade 8) ; Praneet Rathi (grade 8) ; Ethan Soifer (grade 8); Anish Arora (grade 7); Anmol Dash (grade 7); Aayush Dixit (grade 7) ; Christian Epure (grade 6); Rishabh Wuppalapati (grade 6) ; Vedant Rathi (grade 5).
- Please contact the faculty advisor, Mrs. Braskich, with any questions.