Board of Education
The following Board of Education Goals for 2017-2018 were approved by the Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 Board of Education on October 24, 2017.
1. Curriculum and Instruction
- Review achievement data (in connection with new district enrichment model (REACH) to evaluate district effectiveness in meeting student learning needs and achieving district target of 84% or more of our students meeting or exceeding their individual growth targets. District should look for trends that may exist in students not meeting their targets and report this information to the Board so that the board can consider opportunities to address.
- Work with administration on a communication to parents to provide direction on who to contact with questions and concerns, and the escalation process.
2. Culture and Climate
- Board members will serve on special committees for Transportation, 5th Grade Move, and Start/End time changes to monitor the implementation of these changes. Board members will also continue to serve as representatives to PTO, LFF, Music Boosters, TAB, IPC, and ELC. Board members that serve on committees or represent the board will provide a report to the board either in writing or a verbal report at the next scheduled Board meeting during Committee Updates.
- Explore options to obtain feedback on our schools and district from our parent community.
- Identify opportunities for board members to attend diversity/cultural awareness training. Each board member will attend a minimum of one event or program during the school year.
3. Fiscal Sustainability and Facilities
- Review the administration’s 3-5 year budget projections including scenarios that allow for:
- Fluctuations in staffing needs based on potential enrollment changes
- Increase in fund balance so that the Board can see when a facility project at Daniel Wright might be possible
- Impact of State Legislation changes to school funding
- Work with Teacher’s Association on new Teacher Contract
- Monitor community development and enrollment impacts. Work with neighboring districts to identify areas of partnership and shared interest.
School Board Member Training:
The following School Board members have completed Professional Development Leadership Training (PDLT) for School Board Members:
- Chris Curtis
- Malathy Dwaraknath
- Marissa Grossenbach
- Kate Harper
- Michael Odongo
- Anne van Gerven
- Liang Yang