Prospective Parent Information
General Information for Families New to District 103
- For an overview of School District 103, please click here.
- For additional background on our award winning school district, please visit the About Us section of our website.
- Prospective Parent Packet:
New Family Registration and Enrollment
Parents or guardians wishing to register and enroll their child(ren) in Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 must schedule an enrollment appointment with the appropriate school office. Online enrollment is not available. Please provide an original or certified copy of the child's birth certificate. A photocopy cannot be accepted. If a birth certificate is unavailable, the parent may present other reliable proof of the child's identity and age that is supported by a sworn statement explaining why the birth certificate is not available. Other reliable proof of the child's identity and age include a passport, visa or other governmental documentation of the child's identity.
Steps to begin registration and enrollment are outlined below.
- To search the Lake County, IL Property Tax webpage for a specific address that lists Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District #103 as a district collecting taxes, visit: http://www.lakecountyil.gov/508/Current-Payment-Status.
- Parents/guardians must schedule a new family registration/enrollment appointment with the appropriate school office. Online enrollment is not available.
Health Exam Requirements
All students are required to present appropriate proof that he/she has received a health examination and the immunizations against, and screenings for, preventable communicable diseases within one year prior to:
- Entering Kindergarten or the first grade;
- Entering the sixth grade; and
- Enrolling in an Illinois school for the first time, regardless of the student’s grade.
Included as part of the health examination is a diabetes screening (diabetes testing is not required) for students and a statement from a physician assuring “risk-assessed” or screened for lead poisoning (until the age of six years).
For a summary of the Health Requirements, please visit our Health & Wellness webpage at www.d103.org/healthandwellness.
IMPORTANT: The School District reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented, and merely presenting the items listed in the procedure does not guarantee enrollment.
Owning property in District 103 in which you do not reside does not make you a legal resident, and therefore does not qualify your child to attend school in D103. The Illinois School Code mandates that you and your child reside in the attendance area on a permanent basis in order for your child to attend school in the district.
A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll in the School District on a tuition-free basis a student known by that person to be a non-resident of the District is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, except in very limited situations as defined in State law (105 ILCS 5/10-20. 12b(e)).
Parents, who falsify their residence information for the purpose of obtaining tuition-free attendance for their children commit a criminal offense. Students will be unenrolled and families will be subject to legal action, including recovery of tuition for attending the school.